Tuesday 22 January 2013

Aletta

I know Aletta for exactly 6 weeks, so it’s a good time to introduce her to you. 

She came to me on Tuesday 11th of December and she stayed with me. I very often look into her light blue, misty eyes and I see “The castle La Roche Guyon” by George Braque. Have you ever seen this oil painting from 1909, which is exhibited in Pushkin Museum in Moscow, Russia? I’ve never seen the original painting which is in greys, whites, yellows and greens. The copy which I have is more white and blue as it is only a postcard which is at least 11 years. These two colours, cloudy white and blue, are reflected in the mysterious eyes of my Aletta. 

Aletta is inscrutable and uncanny, it’s difficult to predict how old she is as well as who she is and what she is doing for a living. She definitely likes well written books: novels with historical, political and social backgrounds… exactly as I do…

I really would like to believe that we are similar but in my eyes you can find the “Frenzy of Exultations” painted by the Polish painter Podkowiński in 1894. The power of instincts colours me, and so in my eyes black, brown, ginger and white, shown in the painting, are dancing together to finally give a honey light. 

I am ordinary and predictable, I’m 29 and I’m still no one special who is doing nothing amazing. But I definitely like well written books: novels with historical, political and social backgrounds… exactly as Aletta does…

Aletta came to me in a weird way. She was left in a charity shop, in a second-hand book, which I received from my Jo. He gave me this book on Tuesday 11th of December, exactly 11 years after Aletta’s Dad sent her a card with his greetings. I have found this card in the book and this is how I met Aletta first time. I looked at “The castle La Roche Guyon”, from the card sent by Aletta’s Dad, and I felt that I looked deeply into her eyes. She smiled and agreed to stay with me for a while. Whoever she is and whatever she is doing, she is my girlfriend… my Aletta. 

Do
something
unforgettable
today

No comments:

Post a Comment