Friday 21 December 2012

I’m not against Christmas!


Does anyone know any radio station which is free from Christmas songs and carols? I’ve tried very hard to find one, but I ended up with the special Christmas Radio Station where only Christmas songs are played.

Does anyone know any shop where seasonal Christmas stuff doesn’t take the main place in the store? When I went to an Indian supermarket last time, even there I found the special Christmas offers. These were for spices and chapaties, but the offers were called Christmas Offers anyway!!!

Does anyone still follow their routine despite of the Christmas run-up? This morning I observed that a lot of my fitness classes mates have no time to go to the gym as they normally do just because they practise their kick boxing whilst doing their Christmas shopping.

Does anyone is able to say that is not affected by the festive season and doesn’t join the Christmas rush and the Christmas insanity? I am worried that no one is able to say this.

Last weekend I had no time to read books or go to a theatre just because of Christmas. I needed to join two Christmas parties organised by our employers, make or buy the presents for friends and family as well as pack them. I needed to write Christmas greetings and post them as well as to bake some warming-up Christmas cakes to make Christmas time even more Christmassy. Did I really need to do these?

What’s the point of doing all of these?  The only one reason is to show my loved ones that I love them. Christmas is a good time to do so but every ordinary day is even better. 

The only one thing I need to remember of, is to make every common day extraordinary by making and giving presents without any reason, by meeting each other in order to enjoy being together, by baking together and having fun with forming the half moon shaped cookies – just because I LOVE YOU!

I’m not against Christmas; I just wish we created “the excitement of the Christmas morning” every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment