Wednesday 12 December 2012

You have sealed away the past...


A deep red and warm interior of the Y Theatre, round tables covered by soft and red table cloths, smiling people sitting around each table on old theatrical chairs, lights focused on the stage and… action. 

Nine men on the stage, with their histories enchanted in words filled the space. Nine poems made from feelings and experiences filled minds. Nine short, black and white films helped to see the poems in colours. Nine separated performances created a whole show… and this was the first part of that night.

The performers deeply touched me again, the first time they did it was a couple of months ago when they had their first launch during the “Everybody’s Reading” festival. After that event a lot changed in my way of discovering and exploring the World. I hardly understand why it happened, but the poems from their anthology tilted “The poems to read before u die” definitely makes me more alive every time I read them. The poems have made me more alive at all, even if they are about illnesses, problems, fears, hopes… or maybe because of these?

You have sealed away the past,
my memories are all of the last month… [Jo Twist]

No comments:

Post a Comment