Monday 10 December 2012

Thou shalt not kill!


It was a Friday evening, a lovely time to chill out, relax and just be happy. With a glass of wine in my hand I logged in to Facebook to check the new messages which I received that day. A couple of them were with regards to some events which I would have liked to take part in, while the other were chats with my friends. I didn’t expect anything terrible to be seen on Facebook that evening but unfortunately I was wrong.

The first thing which I saw when logged in was a high resolution picture published on the wall by one of my friends. It was raw meat with raw egg garnished with fresh chopped onion which is a very typical dish in Poland called “tatar”. I know that publishing dishes on Facebook is very common and I do this myself when I try out the new Indian dish or a delicious homemade cake I baked. I believe that for many of my friends these kinds of pictures posted by me are boring but I believe that the images do not offend anyone.

This particular picture, of the fresh “tatar”, I found very offensive to me as well as to other vegetarians and vegans. I wrote to my friend to emphasize to him that as he doesn’t publish the pictures of dead and massacred people so why does he do that to butchered animals. My request was ignored so I wrote to Facebook to report this cruelty but they replied that this image is just a standard picture of the food which is not forbidden to be posted on Facebook so they are unable to help me.

Who is able to help me then? Who is able to stop this disgusting practice? I will fight with this, so are you on my side? Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world. How about going to the basis: Thou shalt not kill!

2 comments:

  1. have you ever thought the same about sushi/sashimi pictures? If you really need to fight with people's "needs" regarding food - fight famine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all sushi/sashimi is a piece of art :)
      Please, do not say that posting raw meat is the basic people's need regarding food ;)

      Delete